Performance by Achievement is proud to announce that we now have a Certified Hand Therapist / Occupational Therapist.
In order to be a CHT, you must have at least three years of experience, plus 4,000 hours of hand and upper extremity therapy practice (upper extremity rehabilitation). A CHT must have passed a certification examination that demonstrates knowledge of all areas of hand and upper extremity therapy before being granted the right to use the CHT designation. Our CHT has over 30 years in the field, making him an expert in this very specialized field.
A Certified Hand Therapist/OT is able to treat a variety of conditions of the musculoskeletal system and nervous system that affects the functions of the hand and arm. Some of these conditions include tendon injuries, traumatic injuries, developmental disabilities, central nervous system disorders such as Parkinson’s or traumatic brain injuries, amputations, ligament injuries and more.
What can you expect from a Certified Hand Therapist/OT?
- Accurate assessments, immediate care and effective treatment to reduce treatment time
- A continuum of care eliminating the need for multiple medical providers
- Faster recovery results in decreased medical costs
- Functional outcomes ensuring a faster return to work and productive lifestyle
- The most comprehensive care for their patients